BD LSRII Data Management
Hard Drives on BD LSRII-1 and BD LSRII-2 are set uniformly.
BD LSRII Hard Drive is split into several partition drives with different functionalities:
D: (BD Database)
To avoid possible data loss due to the operation of the system, please follow the instructions:
- Absolutely no experiments (with data or without data) will be allowed to store in the BD FACSDiva Browser/Database (within BD FACSDiva). Every Sunday night all the experiments left in the BD FACSDiva Browser/Database will be automatically deleted.
- Absolutely no data of any kind should be stored at either C: (System) or D: (BD Database)
- At your first login into Windows using your RUNet Login and password you would get to a clean (empty) Desktop and My Documents folder.
- Personal folder is automatically created at - P:\BDExport\Experiment\Your_CFS_UserName. For your convenience, each user will be allowed to keep permanently up to 200 Mb of data in the new personal folder. This quota will not be allowed to be exceeded at any time. This quota will permit you to keep several essential Experiments and Templates on the local hard drive for your convenience. This is the only place for local permanent storage.
- Drive T: (Temporary) is created for commonly used temporary storage. All the data export should be directed through the new path - T:\TempOnly and T:\TempOnly_FCS on the BD LSRII computer. Every Sunday night all the data left in T:\TempOnly and T:\TempOnly_FCS folders will be automatically deleted. No limits for the folder sizes will be implemented there (other than actual disk space availability). To avoid problems, being exported from the BD FACSDiva Browser/Database, Experiment or FCS folders should be immediately transferred to your CFS Folder or sent via ELF or xELF.
- If for any reason you are not able to login into Windows using your RUNet Login and password, feel free to login using the local login "fcrc" and password "BDLSR$pwd". No data will be permitted for the storage on the Desktop. In this case, your Home and Laboratory Shared Folders on CFS (\\cfs.rockefeller.edu\laboratories_share\LABHEAD_Laboratory\RUShares\FlowCytometry) will not be automatically accessible. To avoid problems, being exported from the BD FACSDiva Browser/Database, Experiment or FCS folders should be immediately transferred via ELF or xELF.
IMPORTANT: No external HD or flash drives are permitted for use.